Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed
What is the grown up supposed to do with a pissed off kid?...biotch slap him and get sued..or touch him and get sued, or threaten him with more sever punishment and get sued?..or just have an officer handcuff his a$$ to a seat until his parents (who are responsible for his behavior in the first place) get up there to get him. I'd do the latter of those options.
Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed
Won't comment too much on the article, until all the specifics come out. But, it is not funny to be an adult who has to stand by and take verbal/physical abuse from kids. This kind of stuff is why most schools are moving towards having police in the buildings. A school employee can't restrain a child with handcuffs. A police officer can. I think most police would also tell you that restraint by any method is primarily for protection, for all parties.
Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed
Yes we need all the facts.
There's more to it than what grandma is sharing. Of course she's not going to share the details the lean toward the favor of the school. There's more to it than just what she's saying.
But for those in doubt, even primary school students can be violent and cause serious harm.
Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed
Ok this child has problems...so get him help. It don't take handcuffs to control a child.And I'm sure this kid is not so big that a grown man is that scared of him.
Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed
The guardians need to accept the fact that the kid even needs help before anything can be done to get him help. The school can't do it.
Grandma blames it on medication and even referred to him as "a big teddy bear" despite the fact he'd been suspended 8 times already in 3 months.
Have you seen the size of children these days? Do you know how big diabetics can become? If the child is fighting and refuses to back down, school faculty and staff can't physically hold them down.
Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed
i'm sure this had to be a last resort by the staff at wps. the administration and staff at wps do an excellent job with the kids.
if i'm not mistaken, this is the same woman who once a few years back crawled across a desk and punched a principal in the face breaking his glasses, so what does that tell you?
Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed
Yes I understand that the parents need to see that he needs help.
And maybe this child is having problems with other students at school.If he is a heavy child...maybe he is being picked on.And has had enough.Hear of it all the time.
Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed
Home with a sick child, but I would normally be in the trenches at a middle school right now. I'm 6'3" and weigh 230. I lift weights daily and run for 25-30 minutes at amoderate pace. I have 19 static line parachute jumps with the 82nd Airborne Division. And, yes, 9-year olds do scare me. They can take away everything I have worked so hard to earn in a flash when they cross the line and make me choose between being a man and being a teacher. This incident is not something to sneer at. I will tell anybody that I can physically control most kids, of any age, but it would cost me my job and freedom.
Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed
Depends on what she punched him for...LOL
Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IBA WILDCAT*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Depends on what she punched him for...LOL
</div></div>
??
please tell me this is a joke.